How To Apply
The School of Computer Science has a centralized online application process for graduate admissions. Applications for the MSAII program are now open! All supporting documentation for fall admission must be received by noon (EST) on December 12. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To apply, go to the SCS online application.
Early Deadline: December 2, 2019
Applications are due by noon (12 p.m.) on December 12.
- $75 for one program, $50 for each additional program (by Dec 2, 2019)
- $125 for one program, $75 for each additional program (after early deadline on Dec 2)
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher (Students should report raw university GPA scores and NOT converted scores. Please DO NOT convert your international score to a US GPA or weighted GPA or other system).
- GRE scores: These must be less than five years old. The GRE General Test is required. A relevant GRE Subject Test is also helpful. Our Institution Code is 2074; Department Code is 0402. (This requirement is waived for CMU undergrads.)
- TOEFL scores: If your native language is not English, then you must submit the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). All students will need to submit a TOEFL, no exceptions.
If you are currently working on or have received a bachelor's and/or a master's degree in the U.S. or an institution whose primary language of instruction is English, the TOEFL is not required. Otherwise, you will need to submit a TOEFL no older than 2 years. We will NOT accept an expired score in this case, no exceptions. Please send test scores via mail at the time of application. A successful applicant must have a total iBT score of at least 100, with no component below 25. We prefer that you take the TOEFL, but we will accept the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The same restrictions on expiration dates apply with an IELTS. Our Institution Code is 4256; the Department Code is 78.
- Official transcripts from each university you have attended, regardless of whether you received your degree there.
- Current resume.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation.
Please upload your GRE and TOEFL (if applicable) to your application no later than December 12. Please send the scores via mail at the time of application.
For more details regarding application, please see the SCS Master's Admissions page. No incomplete applications will be eligible for consideration.