How To Apply
The School of Computer Science has a centralized online application process for graduate admissions. Applications for the MSAII program for entry in Fall 2021 are now closed!
The School of Computer Science requires the following for all applications:
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher. (Students should report raw university GPA scores and NOT converted scores. Please DO NOT convert your international score to a US GPA or weighted GPA or other system).
- GRE scores: GRE is not required, but is optional. An application without GRE scores is not at a disadvantage. Our Institution Code is 2074; Department Code is 0402.
- TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo scores: If you are an international applicant and your native language (language spoken from birth) is not Enlgish, an official copy of English proficiency score report is required. The English proficiency requirement cannot be waived for any reason. We strongly encourage applicants to take either the TOEFL or IELTS. In cases where these are not available it is acceptable to take the Duolingo test. We discourage the use of the TOEFL IPT Plus for China since speaking is not scored. Successful applicants will have a minimum TOEFL score of 100. Our Institution Code is 4256; the Department Code is 78.
- Successful applicants will have a minimum TOEFL score of 100. Our Institution Code is 4256; the Department Code is 78.
- Unofficial transcripts from each university you have attended, regardless of whether you received a degree.
- Current resume.
- Statement of Purpose. A Statement of Purpose is not a resume. It should discuss your reasons for choosing the MSAII program and indicate your intended career path.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A short (1-3 minutes) video of yourself. Tell us about you and why you are interested in the MSAII program. This is not a required part of the application process, but it is STRONGLY suggested.