How To Apply
The School of Computer Science has a centralized online application process for graduate admissions. Applications for entry in Fall 2020 are now closed!
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher (Students should report raw university GPA scores and NOT converted scores. Please DO NOT convert your international score to a US GPA or weighted GPA or other system).
- GRE scores: These must be less than five years old. The GRE General Test is required. A relevant GRE Subject Test is also helpful. Our Institution Code is 2074; Department Code is 0402. (This requirement is waived for CMU undergrads.)
- TOEFL scores: If your native language is not English, then you must submit the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). All students will need to submit a TOEFL, no exceptions.
These scores may be more than two years old if you have pursued or are pursuing a bachelor's or graduate degree in the United States. (While the TOEFL is preferred, the IELTS test may also be submitted.) Successful applicants will have a minimum TOEFL score of 100. You must have a minimum score of 25 in each of listening, reading, writing and speaking. Our Institution Code is 4256; the Department Code is 78.
- Official transcripts from each university you have attended, regardless of whether you received your degree there.
- Current resume.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation.